We want to help promote your business this Holiday Shopping Season!
If your business has any specific holiday promotions that you would like to get additional exposure, a fun idea or contest for Plaid Friday, or if you simply just want to get involved, we would love to hear from you! Simply send your ideas and promotions, including any posters or ads you may have on the ready, to:
Kaitlyn Joyce, Business Liaison for Community Futures Pacific Northwest and the City’s Economic Development Office
(250) 622 2332 firstname.lastname@example.org
Time-specific promotions will be added to a calendar available via the Chamber’s website and promoted/shared on social media. If you are looking to promote a Plaid Friday event/sale, please try to provide details by end of day Thursday, November 12th, so that we can be sure to share it in the weeks leading up to the event (but also don’t be afraid to shoot us a last minute request – we know these are busy times!). It’s our intent to run a sponsored post with a link to this calendar throughout the holiday shopping season – so there’s a one-stop-shop to find your promotions.
We know that businesses have been hard hit by the pandemic – so may not be in a place to offer discounts or sales. If that’s the case – don’t be shy about promoting new stock or services you may be providing, or offering up other suggestions. We are happy to accommodate you and find creative ways to feature your business.
See below for some examples about how you can participate:
For Plaid Friday
· Discounts on Plaid Friday itself (and extended over the plaid ‘weekend’ if you’d like). Discounts can apply to all patrons and/or for shopping while wearing plaid. A promotion could be could be as simple as 10% off appetizers or a small discount for a specific type of item you carry.
· Have employees wear plaid on November 27th and incorporate plaid into window displays the last two weeks of November (which can handily stay beyond into Christmas if you use red/green plaid). Place posters in windows highlighting any plaid-themed promotions to get folks into the support local spirit.
· Post to social media any sales with the hashtags #supportlocalpr #averychamberchristmas and #plaidfriday so that your sale is searchable.
Beyond Plaid Friday
· Fun new holiday stock you’d like to highlight? Let us know! If you plan to share it to your own page, we are happy to cross post it on Facebook, or we can do up a post independently if you’d like some promotional support.
· If your business is active on social media, let people know what you’re up to – and we (Love Prince Rupert, as well as the local Chamber and Community Futures) will cross promote your campaigns. Feel free to tag @LovePrinceRupert @PrinceRupert&DistrictChamberofCommerce and @CommunityFuturesPacificNorthwest if you haven’t already informed us about your promotion.
· Use the hashtags #supportlocalpr #averychamberchristmas in your social posts.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out- we would love to hear from you!