Executive Director – Prince Rupert and District Chamber of Commerce
1 year Maternity Leave Contract
The Prince Rupert & District Chamber of Commerce is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a one year contract position as Executive Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors of the PR & District Chamber of Commerce, the Executive Director serves as the senior staff person of this business organization.
- Development and maintenance of member service programs
- Development and implementation of a strategic operational and marketing plan
- Development and management of the annual budget
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Chamber of Commerce including management of the website, databases, and general communications
- Event Planning including Board and Membership meetings, banquets, and partnered community events.
This position requires grade 12 completion. Post-secondary, related business management experience, and 2-3 years related work experience would be an asset. An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Be self-directed
- Have strong organizational management capabilities, experience in budget development and management and experience with operational planning
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills, in order to serve Chamber members
- Have demonstrated capacity working with a Volunteer Board of Directors with a proven ability to prioritize work to support organizational objectives and event planning commitments
- Have strong oral and written communication skills combined with advanced computer and administrative capabilities and the demonstrated ability to maintain
- Be familiar with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter and Constant Contact platforms
- Be flexible in scheduling with an expectation of travel.
Please submit resume with minimum 3 references in confidence by Friday, January 24, 2014.
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In person or by mail: 100 – 515 3rd Avenue West, Prince Rupert, BC V8J 1L9